Wednesday, April 28, 2010

JUST ME TALKING

Warren is quitting sucking his thumb. A habit he has had since he was in utero. We as a family are banding together to support him. It is hard on him and hard on us, but it is time. He is nearly six and all hope of him quitting on his own when he started walking, started pre-school, or started Kindergarten have all evaporated just as quickly as those milestones. He is doing great so far and is very excited to go to Toys R Us and pick out any toy he wants once he is weaned from the thumb.

Speaking of weaning, I am in the process of weaning Nolan from breastfeeding as well. I love nursing and am happy to have saved so much money these last nine months not buying formula. But I remember reading somewhere that weaning will commence once one party (Momma or Baby) is no longer comfortable nursing. And it has come to pass that I am no longer comfortable. He has teeth and is not afraid to use them. He doesn't like to nurse discretely at all, making nursing in public a complete spectacle. And I would like my body back, thankyouverymuch. I loaned it out for him for nine long months of incubation and then an additional nine plus months of sustenance-providing. I am ready to reclaim!

I enrolled the boys yesterday in their Summer activities at our city recreation center. Signed Jack up for "Sports Galore", where he will be introduced to all kinds of sports and work on hand eye coordination, and a Hip Hop/Jazz Dance class since he loves to boogy. Warren is doing a "Pre-Engineering with LEGO" class and "Sportin' Around", where he will learn how to play golf and get to play a real game of golf with Daddy at the end of his lessons. I am excited for them to have some things to do this Summer that are scheduled.

We are doing a couple of fun projects to the house! Finally getting some stained glass in a few windows that I have wanted to do since we bought our house. And getting a wall of built-ins in the office. There will be lots of storage and desk space, with cabinets that match those in the rest of our house. It is gonna look sharp!

I am planning Warren's sixth birthday party. Still not sure between a home based party or a venue, but I have his birthday letter halfway done and have decided on what I am gonna do for his cake and a couple other details... because I LOVE the details.

We are really excited to be heading to Alaska next month for a quick visit. I haven't been home in over two years and just cannot wait to see Cook Inlet below me as we land in my home state. I am going to soak it all in and visit with friends and family as much as possible.

Better run and grab a shower. We have a fun day of going to the park and Children's Museum today and I'm already sweaty from walking Warren to school this morning. It is HOT outside already!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...