Tuesday, June 15, 2010

REALITY


I know I said I would try to keep up more here this Summer, but this little thing called reality keeps sneaking up on me and I find myself:

...sitting on the kitchen floor for 20 minutes watching Nolan play with an orange...


...or standing by the kitchen table watching the big boys do their daily workbook sheets and art projects...



...or looking on as these two become fast friends.


And then another day has gone.

That's just reality.

It has a way of winning out, that reality.

Much like the inevitable fact that this little man is channeling a toddler more and more each day, leaving the infant I have coddled for the past 10 months in the dust.


So, it seems I'll have to accept reality and intentionally carve out time, like tonight. After I've gone in to kiss sweet sweaty little dreaming heads and replace drooping limbs back onto their beds, I can sneak to the comfortable glow of the monitor and share a few gems of my reality.

Goodnight.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...