Tuesday, December 20, 2011

7:46

Was woke up by a naked 2 year old telling/asking me "I want some cheese. Kayleigh and Alyssa come over?"

Stumble downstairs and get said 2 year old a bowl of shredded sharp cheddar and a spoon (he's an odd one!), load the dishwasher which really should have been done last night considering we made mussels and shrimp and that all sat in the sink overnight, pour a cup of coffee, hand out blueberry scones from Whole Foods to the kids so that they will eat them and not me since I already had three yesterday and my weigh in at the doctor's office of 125# ALREADY was a bit sobering, and then sit down to write this silly post.

I took the boys to my doctor appt yesterday. I am already up over 10#, so figuring I should probably chill out and possibly start to exercise...we'll see. Taking them to the Children's Museum today and maybe to the movies this evening if they behave today and don't give me too much grief.

Luke's heartbeat was 140 bpm yesterday, so it is finally starting to come down from "girl range." :) The doctor also told me most likely the reason I am feeling so much movement already (I mean he is waking me up at night already!) is because his placenta is in the back so there is no "blanket" in between his movement and my belly. Whew! I was seriously concerned he was in there just flipping out and couldn't help but wonder what kind of tempermented child was going to emerge in May. Chances are he is a typical boy. Nolan had even managed to get his umbilical cord in a perfect knot while in utero.

The whole notion of having these 4 boys has really had a chance to sink in over the past week for me. I am perfectly content with this family of mine. And for the first time during a pregnancy I am not even remotely thinking of "the next pregnancy" etc. I am done! My family is complete. Four kids (of any gender) is a lot of work and I want to maintain some level of standards in this house for the things that are important to us. Plus I just feel done. Done being pregnant, done having huge breastfeeding boobs, done not sleeping through the night, you get the idea. I am happy to know that it is true how people say you just know when your family is complete -- I was starting to wonder.

Anyhow, better hop in the shower so we can be on the road by 9:30 to get out of this house for the morning.  Hoping for a good, happy day!

Oh and just so as to not have a post without any pictures, here are Warren and Jack playing this great word bingo game last night in the living room...it was so idyllic and cute...until you zoom out and realize there is a toddler having a major meltdown tantrum less than 10 feet away.  Such is life in our house!  Never even did figure out what set Nolan off, but putting him in the bath immediately made him forget his woes :)  And then an early bedtime for all made us all forget our woes from a difficult and long afternoon too!

{This is such a great game for Jack, who is still learning to read, to help with confidence and making reading fun.}

{Warren clapping for Jack since he read a new word!  These are the moments I live for as a Mama}

{These are not the moments I live for...but they are part of the package nonetheless!}

{Oh, Nolan!  We tried everything to cheer you up.  Maybe you shouldn't fall asleep on the living room floor anymore, if you're gonna wake up so disoriented and mad.}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...