Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Baby it's cold outside.

Seriously cold.

So we are at home where it is warm. Starting the New Year all cozy...here's what we've been up to:

(I like lists, okay? Work with me.)

1. Warren lost another tooth and got his 6 year molars. Oh, and another is loose, this time on top. Lots of happenings in the tooth department.

2. Nolan is eating some baby food. Specifically mashed banana just about every day for breakfast and I am slowly introducing some of the level 1 veggies from the jar. I plan to make my own baby food for him once he gets going and really consuming it regularly.

3. I have ramped up my efforts to shed this last 5 lbs of baby weight (i.e. using the elliptical machine for exercise instead of for hanging clothes to dry.) Man, it is hard to not eat something that you even just kinda want to eat. Finding it best to at least sort of plan what I am going to eat each day so I don't go foraging in the pantry out of boredom. Yes, I said boredom. Staying home with the boys isn't always a three ring circus, I do have some time to feel a little bored.

4. Jack has really taken off and started to write. He writes his name and lots of letters, using his etch-a-sketch even! I love to overreact with enthusiasm each time he brings me his magnadoodle to show me the latest "L" he made. It is just precious to watch him light up with pride.

5. Warren is starting to read! He has been able to recognize lots of words for quite some time and would make some effort to sound out words too. But now, he is really showing signs of being a beginner reader. So proud of him!

6. Bryan has been working so hard to support the family (I like to give him a hard time about how many dependents he has now!) and is just such a stellar bread winner. Couldn't be happier to have such a committed Daddy to the boys and husband.

7. Nolan is really settling in to his schedule. He is sleeping well lately (albeit still in our bed...I think I am finally embracing cosleeping rather than trying to pretend it is a bad thing) and I am thankful for that. Hello, sanity, good to see you again :) He is napping on a regular pattern and eating at the same times every day.

8. The boys still manage to fight, scrap, argue, disagree, battle, antagonize, patronize, tease (sick of it yet, now you know how I feel) each other a good portion of the day. And then when they have to say goodbye to each other for any reason they will full on kiss each other on the lips and then go on and on about how much they miss the other one. Dumbfounding, yes! A phase...hopefully!

9. I have started the loathsome task of pumping again to get a supply back in the freezer for our upcoming trip to Jamaica. I do not like pumping. But I do like a weekend in a tropical locale with no kids, so I can compromise :)

Can't wait to see what this year holds for us! 2010! Wow, it sounds weird still. Think of how wierd it will sound to the boys when they think of 1979, the year their parents were born. The olden days... :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...