Friday, January 15, 2010

weekEND

Be forwarned. This is simply a brain dump from this week.

Warren was the "Star of the Week" in his Kindergarten class this week. So, today I got to go help him present his star and read aloud a little blurb about him in front of his class. And you know me. I got a little choked up. Not enough to be noticeable (I think), but it was hard not to get a little misty when I was talking about what an excellent big brother he is. Because he really is. He has the heart of a big brother for sure!

So, working backwards, Thursday was a great day with the boys. We read so many books and Warren did a full page of addition and subtraction. He loves math. Jack is making leaps and bounds in the schoolwork I do with him at home too. It is amazing how all of the sudden he went from making scribbles to matching up uppercase letters to their corresponding lower case letter. Okay. I am done bragging on them (for now). Sorry, but they are just so darn smart. Okay, okay I really am done. :)

After a great day at home, we went to get them haircuts on Thurs. night. Bad idea. It was already late-ish and they were bouncing off the walls of the salon. But, we stuck it out and just muscled through the experience. Then headed to dinner at a BBQ place where Bryan and I had a beer and that made everything better. Seriously. The bad haircut was just a distant memory, replaced by smeared BBQ sauce and watching Nolan suck on a french fry.

Wednesday I got to visit with my local neighborhood Mommies at our Mom's Group. Jack calls it the "girls club" with all the ladies and mostly girl kids. I know I am prone to questioning myself and my decisions but when it comes to our house and neightborhood, I could not be happier. We have such a great bunch of people with young children. It is going to be fun to watch them all grow up together!

Tuesday I had a dentist appt. Ahhhh, I do love to lay down for an hour. And that part where the hygeinist kind of checks your neck and jaw line...it's as close to a massage as I get. And I even got to go to the gym afterwards (and I have gone three times this week!). It was practically a spa day :)

Monday was the boys' dentist appt. Pretty much the most extreme opposite of a spa day as you can get. They did fine though and no cavities! Yay!

So, here it is, Friday afternoon. We just came inside from a walk in the beautiful sunshine. The bottom of my jeans is wet from giving the boys underdogs on the swings (there is still a little snow on the ground here!) We got the box of baby books out of the garage and Warren and Jack are digging through it. Each one they pull out they exclaim "This was my favorite when I was a baby!" They all have teeth marks. Nolan has his work cut out for him making his mark on them.

Speaking of Nolan. He is 6 months old on Monday. Monday! 6 months old! Holy Moly!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you ;-) you should look at this emo boy one at this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...