Thursday, January 19, 2012

21 Weeks

Yesterday was the big systems check ultrasound. We brought the whole Lawson crew. The kids did pretty good being crammed in tiny rooms at the doctors office and totally put on a hand puppet show with the examination light in the room. It was funny and mildly inappropriate. Fortunately my doctor is way cool and visited with me while sitting on the exam table with two of my boys while I sat in the little spinny doctor's stool thing.

The ultrasound went great! We have another perfectly healthy active little boy coming our way. He was moving a ton making it hard for the tech to get all the measurements, but we clearly saw his perfect 4 chambers heart and all limbs, digits, facial features, etc. His heart rate was 150 bpm, probably because he was running some kind of marathon in there.

We didn't get any great printout pics because he was a blurr of boy, but here I am at 21 weeks:


Even though the doc assured me I am on track with the exact same size and weight gain as the previous three, I feel HUGE! I guess each baby can carry a little different and our little Luke is all forward. I almost feel like this belly is a detachable prosthetic or something. He is so far out already!

Anyhow, it goes without saying that we are all so excited and in love with our little guy. I can't wait to see who he looks like and if his hyper womb behavior persists out here.

We took the boys to dinner at Texas Road House after the appointment to make it special and memorable and they all three proceeded to beg us to have a 5th. Already! What?! Daddy's not having any of that! ...(yet)...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...