Friday, January 20, 2012

Mark my words...


...this boy, our middle-son for now (hmmmm what are we gonna call him when there's not really a middle child?), our foodie, our child who loves to be coddled and nurtured just a scosh more than the average bear--I'm quite certain he won't go far from the comforts of home as he grows up. I predict a very maternal woman in his future...someone crafty in the kitchen who keeps a super clean house.

I made this soup twice this week for neighbors who have just had babies. The first night, Jack inquired as I was packing it up to deliver. The second night, I indulged and served him a bowl (and then another) before packing it up. He actually cried as I was leaving "don't take MY soup!"

So, of course I had to make it for him today for lunch. It is hearty Italian soup with tomatoes, kidney beans, Italian sausage, pasta, and spinach. Practically should be called "Jack soup" since it has all his favorite ingredients. I served it to him with sourdough french bread with a healthy portion of butter and he devoured saying "I love all these ingredients, Mom!"

Oh Jack, what a special little kid you are!! Nine times out of ten when I ask you if you want to eat out for dinner or lunch, you say "no thanks, just make me a sandwich." You LOVE to be home. You love your family and your routine and your bed.

You also say you want "about 12" kids. Ha! Can't wait to meet this amazing woman who will be privileged to be Mrs. Jack Lawson :)

Love you kiddo!

1 comment:

Arah ans Arsam's blog said...

Hi Charity,
I wasn't around looking at and writing blogs lately being burried under all the weights life brings. I now see why the kids asked for a 5th! I noticed Jack playing in the park and coming over to you for a quick hug and going back to play some more. So cute! Don't we all love that they would never leave? Warren seems very prudent with human interactions too and one day when I didn't notice him with his friend he looked me in the eyes until ensured I recognize and greet him as well. Hope all is going well on your end these days!
p.s. Mehdi has brought a package of Columbian coffee for you for a new year gift and hasn't been able to see Bryan to give it to him as they had talked about. Let me know when it's a good time for you so one of us can send it over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...