Friday, November 2, 2012

The Wheels on the Bus...

Nolan got to ride his first school bus yesterday.  Oh. My. Word.  The anticipation built up for an hour prior.  He could hardly sit still through the Winnie the Pooh safety video they watched before boarding THE BUS.

Look at his smile!   Look at his hair!  Look at his shirt!  I can't get enough of this boy!  He is such a source of joy for me right now.  Nolan has such a great personality.  He is always happy and positive and SO SWEET.


 
Slaying me with the sly look to make sure I did indeed see just how cool of a cat he is!

 
The doors open and the kids unload to the arms of mommies armed with cameras :)
 
Big hugs and proud faces.

 
Speaking of preschool...I present to you Nolan's first school pic.  Age 3.  OMG he is so perfect and classically cute.  This smile!  This comb over!  I love you, Nolan.  You make me so proud!

Nolan is now well into his first year of preschool, at the same preschool Warren and Jack went to.  At the same school Warren and Jack now go to for Elementary school.  Luke will go there too.  They will have quite a legacy of memories to reflect on.  They were all born to the same doctor at the same hospital.  They have all had the same pediatrician for over 8 years.  They will all grow up in this house in this neighborhood with the same little league baseball and football programs.  It is very important to me that they are connected by all these little things so they remain close as adults.  I will be eating crow if this doesn't work and they aren't a close knit band of brothers when they grow up...but I have a strong feeling this will only serve to bolster their brotherly bonds.  There will be lots of little ones calling my babies "uncle" someday, I just know it!

We have been thinking and talking about family a lot lately.  And I think I am prepared to openly say that we do want a 5th child.  I know I do.  Bryan is warming to the idea.  I know it may sound crazy and there are days when I am certainly beyond overwhelmed with 4.  But this is my one wild chance at life, and I have the heart for a big family.  I love having a baby and nurturing the child that sprouts from that baby.  I just don't feel done with four.  It may not be politically correct in 2012 but oh well.  I would also like to live in Iceland at some point in my life.  We'll see if either of these things come to pass! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...