Thursday, May 29, 2014

first days of Summer 2014

Nothing like getting the calendar for next school year and realizing my due date is the first day of school :) Kinda funny and also kinda daunting! Admittedly I am ripe with first days of summer enthusiasm and adrenaline. But I do want to make sure we start off on the right foot and set a good standard from which to falter later in the Summer.
Got Story's travel system all scrubbed up and ready to go...in 10+ weeks!  Ha!  Lots of early nesting going on here.
Starting to foster friendships for this little man somehow already even though it was just yesterday he was born.
This note from Jack's teacher, along with an adorable plant in a planter signed by all the kids in Jacks class, brought me to tears on the last day of school.  It was truly an amazing year for Warren and Jack in school.  They had stellar report cards and we are immensely proud of them both.
Treated some neighbor friends to snow cones and kettle corn on the last day of school.  So fun!
Of course there was water play involved since it was HOT!
First official day of Summer we went to WOW Children's museum.  Warren built this keystone arch and was so happy to be out with his little brothers.
Eeek!!  There is an actual cherry tomato growing on my plant. 
And the strawberries are doing SO well this year it is crazy.  Must be all the rain we got this Spring.
A boy with a dust rag makes my heart skip a beat.
They are all doing so well with their chores and workbooks etc.  Makes me want to treat them to fun outings and plenty of outdoor fun this Summer.  Yay!
I think this is going to be a decent Summer. And I can't wait for the punctuation mark at the end with the birth of our daughter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...