Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The holidays and the everydays.

Sometimes I tense at each single-use cup that gets tossed into the sink and each not-even-one-full-day worn shirt that makes its way into the hamper, adding to the everydays.

Thats what I call the chores that must be done everyday, imposing their need to be regularly loaded/washed/folded/put in their drawer or cabinet on me like a perpetual motion machine. Fighting the entropy monster of this house with the everydays can make me down right grouchy.

But then there's the holidays.

And suddenly the same pajamas are being worn for 48 straight hours and the fine china is brilliantly contrasted with dixie paper plates balancing leftovers on their way to a table covered with mid construction lego projects.

Ahhh the reprieve from the everydays is invigorating.

See, invigorated right? {ha!}



The kids are lounging and playing. Then playing and lounging. Working up appetites from making play-doh culinary creations and Wii bowling until our sides ache.



Either way, I'll take a big old helping of holidays with a side of everydays on my paper plate please!

And if no one sees me in these jammies, there's no proof that I've had them on for 48+ hours, right?!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love the holidays! And the free form poem! Nolan is perfect in his new recliner! Unbelievably adorable. And I can totally tell Warren made a plate with a fork and knife out of play-doh. Now, it is a salad or a taco?!?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...