Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Camouflage, snakes and dinosaurs, oh my!

My mom sent me this picture this past weekend from her phone.

I was at a little kid's birthday party but immediately had to show a few people my awesome Mama, out in the wilderness hunting in the AK. And for a few hours after that I was feeling like I wanted to be there too, experiencing the outdoors, wearing camo, weilding a weapon...ya know.

The feeling persisted in a more subdued sense for a couple of days, right up until Nolan and I crossed paths with this:


Then I realized that, no, I am not really all that outdoorsy and fond of wild creepy crawlies. I'll leave the hunting to those with a lot more gusto than me! Way to represent, Mama (Grandma from Alaska!)

I am much more "in my element" at my house, doing simple little afternoon crafts with Jack, like making a T-Rex display. Hey, it kept him out of the Lego bin for about an hour! :)

1 comment:

mom said...

Charity-I remember a certain little girl that I would have to go search for because she was so absorbed in digging up bugs, worms, and other crawly things! It'll come back to you again at some point in life and you'll be out digging in the dirt again! I love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...