Friday, September 23, 2011

Fun Fall Craft

Disclaimer: I totally did not come up with this on my own. Got it from a crafty mom online. But I do take credit for being open to the inspiration and acting on it! It is providing a nice touch of whimsy in our living room right now, and I plan to switch out to snowflakes soon enough!


Nolan helped me, and I have a bunch of really cute pictures of him doing so on my real camera that I am too lazy to get off my camera right now.

I have a minor cold. Sucks.

I am in the middle of a decorative overhaul of our downstairs. All of the sudden I woke up the other day and decided I was so sick of the orange. Got a "new" non-orange couch and am painting and rearranging and just generally sprucing up my little abode. I am so excited about the new color I picked! It is called Gray Wisp by Benjamin Moore:

It is a great silvery blue green that is very soothing and easy on the eyes. It was a close competition between Gray Wisp and Silver Sage, but ultimately went with the darker of the two in order to provide good contrast with the white crown moulding and window moulding Bryan will be doing as soon as the painting is done. Needless to say, our house is a war zone right now with painting and extra furniture waiting to sell on Craig's List. What a happy mess!

Making another attempt to potty train Nolan (this is our third start for anyone keeping track.) How I am not an expert at this by now is beyond me, but I feel just as frustrated and helpless as anyone. He has demonstrated time and time again that he is fully capable, but he is just not wanting to do it 99% of the time. I don't want to keep giving up, but I am not good with a toddler battle of the wills. Ugh.

We have a busy weekend with two birthday parties and Warren's football game in Wheatridge.

I have FIVE picture sessions scheduled in the next few weeks. I am happy to be busy with that, but it is also just the tiniest bit nerve-wracking to find the time and energy and inspiration for my little hobby. Not complaining though...

Happy Friday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...