Thursday, June 23, 2011

dishes and laundry

When I first started staying home, there was definitely a period of time where I got all caught up in the day to day chores. I mean, I could not believe the amount of times I would wipe down the kitchen table each day, or the volume of dishes that would pass through the sink. And don't even get me started on the laundry.

Nowadays, while those same chores are very much part of each day here, the actual execution of them is automatic and I hardly even give them the courtesy of a dedicated thought. Partly because I have mostly perfected my approaches or implemented ways to minimize them as much as possible, but also mostly because I can finally see past them to the much more important things that go on around here.

...learning how to play a leisurely game of Pokemon with the cards Warren brought back from Alaska...
...letting the big boys take a drawn out "gourmet bubble bath" in our jetted tub...
...leaving the house a little early for our walk to pick up Jack, so that Warren can climb around "hometree" without being rushed...
...quite literally hanging out at the park showing off that negative percent body fat little boy six pack that makes me both envious and bewildered at how a child that eats so much can be SO skinny...

These are the things I will remember from raising my kids. 
The rest is just dishes and laundry.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...