Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Last Weekend

Warren had one of his very best friends spend the night last weekend.

We loaded up and went to see Cars 2 early Friday evening, me, Bryan, four boys and at least as many Nerf guns.


Movie was good, and we discovered the winning combination of Junior Mints and popcorn in the same bite. Then we burst back out of the theater into the daylight for dinner outside at a restaurant patio. Kids were not too hungry, so they mostly sat on the sidelines "meditating" while Bryan and I ate and took turns herding Nolan back to our table.

After dinner it was getting dark, but that didn't stop them from getting completely drenched in the splash pad near the restaurant, carrying on like the wild men that they are until the shivering overcame the fun of it all.

Back home for a Daddy-assisted ghost hunt in the basement with flashlights, a real pillow fight, and finally passing out minutes before their goal of midnight. :)

We were all moving super slow the next day and enjoyed the company of Warren's buddy until late afternoon.

The next day we finally hit up a local outdoor pool we found a couple weeks ago. This is such a gem spot with a big pond and park in addition to the pool.

[the sky was unreal blue, not a cloud to be seen]

[stopped for a minute on this swing while waiting for the pool to open at 1]

[LOVE my new swim suit by Reebok.  Nolan and I kept coming back to the hot pavement at the pool to warm up like lizards after splashing in the fountains and spray features.]

[big pond with covered "island" thing you can walk out to.]

The longer we live here in Westminster, the more we love it.  So much to do!

This week has been busy as usual.  Warren had an orthodontist appointment Monday, all is going well there, his appliance will now sit for a while for the bone to grow in where his palette has been expanded.  Looking good!  He has also been going to Speed and Agility Camp all week, which he is loving and the energy release is doing him good.  We went to Jumpin' Jordy's bounce house yesterday and everyone, including Nolan, jumped their hearts out and had a blast. 

We are still working diligently each day on our Summer workbooks etc.  On Monday night Warren confessed that he hadn't actually read the material for his comprehension lesson that day, but rather had just read the questions and then went hunting for the answers.... SO, that was my clue to give that workbook a rest for a little while and switch it up with his Money workbook.  We started yesterday by first making a chart for him to know the names and values of the coins (I spilled coffee on it, oops!).  He has already done several sheets in the workbook now and is adding coins together already!  Crazy how fast kids pick stuff up, he is so smart! 

Jack learned all about Great White Sharks yesterday, and it just makes me so happy when something peaks their interest and they are excited to learn!

It's funny to me that when I started this blog in 2008 I kinda wondered what on Earth I would write about, thinking there would most likely be weeks or months when I didn't have anything to update on... and now I feel compelled to record even the mundane minutia that is my day to day life.  I love reading a few other blogs that inspire me and the kids love to see pictures from their normal everyday life on display.  It makes them feel so special.  They often ask me to "take a picture and put it on the computer" when they are doing things.  I just printed our third "blog book" where I document each year by printing the last 365 days of posts into a beautiful hard back book.  We will have a library of these for our kids and for us to pour over many years from now... love that! 

1 comment:

Megan said...

I love that you are recording the day to day mundane (although your life is seriously a complete adventure every day)! It's 'basking like lizards' that may fall behind in your memory banks that needs to be remembered, at least occasionally! We get to see you guys often, but I catch up on what you're up to here! SO FUN! And inspirational!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...