Tuesday, June 7, 2011

iPhone pics of late

When I find myself without much to say (which isn't often, ha!) I just thumb through the most recent pictures on my phone and instantly recall little things I had forgotten about, which may not have garnered a DSLR picture, but are nonetheless beautiful/funny/heartwarming.

[got this book from the library the other day. I so remembered this book from my childhood and was so excited to read it to the boys. It was just as funny getting their take after the book on what had happened to Miss Nelson.. they didn't quite get it the first go-round. But for sure one of my favorite things about being a parent is getting to share things from my own childhood with my littles.]
[we had a "date night" last night. Went downtown to McCormick's for wild Alaskan halibut and salmon. mmmm. Took a dorky picture of ourselves on the way home. I like my teeth, probably one of my favorite physical things about me. I like Bryan's hair right now, he is wearing it a bit longer than normal and it's got some nice wave going on. We got carded at dinner ordering our beers. Funny. I really need to clean the lens part of my iPhone camera that faces forward. Yuck, it is filthy!]
[I call this one dueling baba's. Watched the girls yesterday for a bit and Nolan and his little friend had to lay on the sofa and drink milk together. So cute! You can see the Sponge Bob lego set Jack built recently...]
[Bonus points if you can actually read the little "report" Jack wrote on Polar Bears yesterday. We are in full tilt with Summer academics and he is soaking it up so far. Each day we do a science unit, which for now consists of studying an animal of his choice and then writing a few sentences on what he learned (today is Nile Crocodiles and I learned probably just as much as he did!), also a math sheet and a letter/word/spelling worksheet. He is really proud to whole punch his work, slap a sticker on it and put it in his binder when he's done. And of course he has to show the binder to Daddy each evening, giving a detailed description of what he did. So far so good! Gonna implement the same types of things with Warren when he gets back.]

Well, that's all for now.  I have a busy day of getting things done like gathering up Warren's paperwork for football, arranging to do Supper Solutions, printing Nolan's birthday invites, going to the library,.. the usual!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...