Saturday, June 4, 2011

"Letting Go"

What do they say... "it's the hardest thing to do"?

Those words were ringing in my head as I watched Warren board the plane bound for Anchorage like he'd done it 500 times, so confident and excited. Not a care in the world.

{Goofing off at DIA before going through security with just Mom. See how Jack forgot to wear shoes... yeah we don't think he's quite ready for a big trip like this for a while ;)}

He is going to have an amazing trip! And truly once I got the word from my Mom that he had landed and was safely in her arms late last night, my body relaxed and I was finally able to be more excited for him. I can't wait to hear all about it and read his vacation journal when he gets home.

Today he is going to an indoor water park and to the shooting range with Grandpa Bruce. I think they are going hiking on Sunday and then he starts Wilderness Survival Camp on Monday.

I am SO incredibly proud of Warren! It takes a lot of gusto for a newly minted seven year old to get on a plane and travel 2399 miles away. He is a very confident, secure kiddo so we must be doing something right!

**update: Just did FaceTime with him this morning and my Mom said the pilot walked out with him last night to commend him on being such a good flyer and said he could tell he was being raised well. We are beaming!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...