Sunday, October 23, 2011

Friday Phone-fare! {It's a long one!}

{This super cute Hurley blazer went from being at the top of my Christmas list to being my only request for my upcoming birthday.  Best get it sooner than later since it won't actually fit for too long.  I swear I am already getting a round tummy!  Trying hard to take in stride the fact that my doctor got called into surgery on the day of my first appointment and the soonest they could get me in to see any doctor is October 31st.  I am quite sure everything is fine, just really anxious to see my little jelly bean in there!}

{Got Nolan an early Christmas gift!  Membership to the downtown Children's Museum.  Tag-along-brother now has his very own "thing" to do at least once per week while brothers are at school.  He loved it!}

{Nearly as much as he loved stopping in to Target one morning just to get some mini cupcakes per his very very persistent request for cake.}

{Ugh.  This picture was taken on Friday after the incident.  The incident being Nolan pulling the fire alarm at the school.  Yes, that's right.  Let me set the scene for you...I am stuffing the Friday folders for Jack's class in the library.  I had just resumed said work after having to take a break to change Nolan's diaper.  His stench was still strong in the library air when I sat back down to resume and Nolan walked over and sat in a chair up against a wall about 20 feet away from me.  I had literally just glanced at him and realized there was an uncovered fire alarm right behind his head.  In that exact second I saw that he suddenly realized the same thing I did, and I lept out of my chair and started running toward him.  Too late.  With absolutely no effort he reached up and flipped it down.  It was as bad as you can imagine.  At first I tried to push it back up.  Haha, of course you need a key to do that.  And it was way too late.  The whole school had to evacuate.  Even though everyone was very nice and humorous about the whole thing, standing outside with the whole school waiting for the all clear, knowing it was my child responsible, I couldn't help but feel like a jackass.  I made Nolan apologize to the principal.  I finished stuffing the folders.  Nolan was terrified and sat on my lap the remainder of our time in the library.  Now that the incident is a few days behind me, I can clearly see that that was but a glimpse of the legacy of the Lawson Boys going through school together.  And something tells me I am going to encounter much worse predicaments and such...just a hunch.  Clearly his conscience is just fine, and he slept like a champ right when we got in the car.}

{Dropped my Family off at the rec center to swim this morning and did some leisurely grocery shopping.  It was divine.  And I bought things like pomegranate and coconut oil and vegetable soup starter  and walnuts.  I am excited to eat this week!}

{Yesterday concluded Warren's first season of peewee tackle football.  They lost in Evergreen on a windy field, but that is fine.  It was a good season.  He is such a little stud!  He loves football and will be back for many seasons to come.  Bryan is coaching next year and Warren will get to play a lot more since he will be a third grader.  We are so proud of this kid!}

{On location for a photo session I had on last Sunday.  I will share some of my favorites from that soon!}

{You know what this means?? Bryan got a router set!  Project "deck the house out with all things mouldings" is set to commence.  I want crown moulding, window moulding, ceiling moulding in the dining room...}

{This picture was taken exactly 0.8 seconds after Warren finished telling me that he wasn't tired at all and could not fall asleep.  Yeah...}

Now, this may just all be the pregnancy hormones speaking, but I am just completely blown away with happiness and love for life and my family right now.  I almost can't believe how lucky I am and how incredibly blessed.  I LOVE being a stay at home mom.  I have a hobby I love.  I am involved in the kids school, even took on the school newsletter!  I am happily pregnant with our final baby - we took a vote today at lunch and unanimously agree that it's a boy!  My kids are super healthy and smart.  Life is good!  Busy...but that's how I like it :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...