Friday, September 5, 2008

Raising McCain

I admitt it, I started out pretty luke warm with Senator John McCain -- and then I learned to moderately like him, and now after really looking into the heart of this man and hearing what he has to say and more importantly what he has to offer, I am officially head over heels.

Here were my favorite moments of his great speech last night:

"Let me offer an advance warning to the old, big-spending, do-nothing, me-first, country-second Washington crowd: Change is coming."

"I understand who I work for. I don't work for a party. I don't work for a special interest. I don't work for myself. I work for you."

"I loved it [America] for its decency, for its faith in the wisdom, justice and goodness of its people. I loved it because it was not just a place but an idea, a cause worth fighting for."

What an inspirational person he is and even if he doesn't "win" this election, I am so glad I have taken the time to listen to him and I truly feel inspired by his ACTIONS, not just his words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So many more speeches to listen to over the next 6 weeks. I'm proud to say that I personally know Sara Heath-Palin and she is the real deal. A true character of an Alaskan woman, mother, daughter, sister, friend ~ a real champion for the women of the USA!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...