Monday, March 9, 2009

Babymoon 2009

Ahhh...just back from what I am calling our Babymoon in Cancun, just 'cause it rhymes and I am a dork like that. Our trip went a little something like this:

Waking up at the crack of dawn on Thursday to catch our 8 am flight.

Then arriving to the never-boring sight of turquoise blue expanse of ocean outside:



And a very impressive bathtub inside our luxury hotel room:



Bryan immediately "got his guac on":



And then we proceeded to get ridiculously sun-burned and sleep more in three days than I probably have in weeks. We had to put our best faces forward for one fancy dinner, though. I slathered on the aloe and we were off:




We received the very sad news on Saturday that my beloved Grandma passed away that morning. I am putting together a special post to commemorate her for later this week. She was an amazing woman, mother to 6 children, grandmother to 11, and great-grandmother to 4 (with two more on the way). To say that she successfully passed on a legacy is such an understatement. She is loved, and missed terribly.

2 comments:

CissaLynn said...

It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time in Cancun!!! :)) The pictures are great and you look adorable - I can't even tell you're pregnant! :)

I am sorry to hear about your grandma!!! I will be thinking of you and your family!

Jessica said...

Sounds like a fun trip, well except for the sunburn! Nice to get to do those things every once in a while.

Sorry to hear about your Grandma.

And thanks for the sweet comment on my post, hope your sunburn is feeling better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...