Friday, May 29, 2009

What I'm diggin' right now:

~My super cute new cell phone that has a full key board for texting :) I love texting! Did I mention that it is purple and oh so girly :)

~The Discovery Health Channel! Such interesting and inspirational shows about real people dealing with things ranging from their weight to raising their families...I am addicted!

~Our new puppy, Wrigley. We have had him now for a few weeks and I can say with confidence that it was an excellent decision. He has enhanced our family -- even Reagan is way more active. I love snuggling him in evening. He is the first dog I have ever had that is a "petting dog." Reagan goes nuts licking you when you try to pet him...his love language it all about food! Wrigley loves to have his tummy rubbed and be cooed at. He has really helped get our household back in the "baby mode" a little bit.

~Answering all of Warren's questions every day. He has SUCH a naturally inquisitive mind and asks all kinds of things about the planets in outer space and how to spell different words. He has a little dry erase board that he has been using to write on. I am also totally sweet on his little doodles of people. They have recently evolved from a circle with arms and legs sticking out of it, to now more human looking stick figures. Lastly I adore the fringe of blonde he has around the perimeter of his buzz cut and the healthy tan he is getting already from our many hours per day outside.

~Watching Jack eat and eat and eat. He is going through a growth spurt and is constantly shoveling in the calories. He even woke up the other night at 4 am and declared "I'm hungry, I need some food!" He is such an easy going kid for the most part and is so content to play with his toys and is always singing or humming some kind of tune. I love his little front teeth -- he has THE most perfect baby teeth I have ever seen.

~Sitting on my front porch in the shade and watching the boys play on the expanse of grass with other neighbor kids and kids that happen upon the park out front. It is SO relaxing and makes me realize that I will definitely be able to handle a newborn added to the mix this Summer. I can already picture Nolan sitting in the shade with me nursing and sleeping :)

Of course I could easily sit and contemplate all the things that I am not loving right now, but I am making a conscious decision to focus on good things. But, in order to keep it real, I will just briefly mention a few things:

:: I have come to the conclusion that I am going to have to find a way to get the boys to ask permission to go outside and enforce some rules regarding leaving the house or even going downstairs when I am upstairs. It can get too hectic and hard to keep track of them during the day when they go in opposite directions and I know this will only get worse when I have a baby to take care of. We have been pretty lax with letting them go out front or in the back yard at will and I realize now that it's not sustainable with three!

:: Jack is going through a bit of a whiny phase and Warren sometimes has the attention span of a bumble bee, going from one activity to the next without a break for me to recuperate.

:: Some of the monotony of the housework makes me crazy. I have yet to really accept the fact that the dishes and laundry are NEVER really done.

There you have it! Summer break is officially underway and there are way more things that I am loving and the rest I just continue to work with or try to accept. It is going to be an awesome Summer and I am so lucky to be able to spend it with my boys.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...