Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What's up?

Well, we all have brief periods in life where it just really isn't that interesting, right? That has been the past couple of weeks for me. I was sick with a cold, going through the motions to keep everyone fed and on schedule. Nothing remarkable about that.

But now my cold is all but gone and I am gearing up for Summer! Warren's last day of school is May 27th and we have nothing short of a barrage of birthdays and weddings coming up. So bring it on! I sat down yesterday and made a list of things for me (oh and one for Bryan too!) to get done in the next couple weeks as we transition to Summer.

I am enrolling Warren, and maybe Jack too, in Karate for Kids here at a local studio that has a great kids program. I decided after long consideration that karate is going to be their "organized activity" for this Summer. I am not ready, nor do I think they are, for multiple trips per week to a soccer or t-ball field. We have plenty of childhood time for that!

It's the simple things in life that matter the most anyhow. Like when your daddy makes a special trip with just you to the Children's Museum to build a tractor, since your mommy feels totally overwhelmed and anxious when she even looks at the instruction card ;)

{Jack with his tractor that daddy helped him build from post consumer items}


Or when you get to dig through all the baby toys you used to slobber and chew on with your whole new "big boy" perspective, since your mom is nesting really early this time around and insisted that your dad get all the baby stuff from the garage and basement rightthisminute! so she could assess what we kept. :)

{Warren and Jack reminiscing with the baby toys}


I even hung some pretty lights on our front porch yesterday along with a cute little wind spinner decoration thingy that Warren got me for Mother's Day. Yes, he came back from his Grandma's house with lots of loot that he scavenged from her well-stocked house. It was pretty funny to see what he picked out for everyone. Bryan got some light bulbs and some dry wall hooks for example ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...