Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Time is Flying By...

Lately, the weeks and months are just melting together and flying by at what seems like an increasing pace. Sure, if I really sit and ponder what I accomplish and experience each day, it is a lot and each day is full and different. But, at the same time I also remember when I was a little girl and each day seemed like its own unique adventure/lifetime.

Even looking through pictures that I download (and desperately need to organize on our hard drive), reminds me that it has been more than 10 years since Bryan and I graduated high school some 2500 miles apart (as the bird flies).

Here we were last Summer at his 10 year reunion, at the 'Cannon Game' in Pueblo, Colorado:

{Bryan with his Sly Stalone smile}


So, I want to spell out in a list (just because I love lists!) what we have accomplished since graduating high school. This way I can see in black and white what the past 10 years has brought as far as major milestones and accomplishments:

~We both went to college and got Bachelor's degrees from 1997-2003. I stayed on an extra two years and got a Master's (thankfully, since that is when I met Bryan and fell in love...cue harp music)

~We bought our first house and got married, and conceived Warren... ALL in 2003. Yes, it was a busy year. Bryan also started working at his company in 2003, where he STILL works today, and kicks butt by the way!

~Welcomed Warren into our lives in 2004.

~Welcomed Jack into our lives in 2005.

~Bought an investment property in 2006, which is currently a great rental house.

~2007, what to say about 2007? We just enjoyed life and the spoils of dual income, two kids and not much else.

~Bought our new-construction house in 2008, where we currently live. I also crashed the news on Bryan that I was quitting working after flailing for a few years trying to find a career path that I could enjoy. Turned our old house into a rental property too, which is working out mostly good, it is rented out at the moment to a great family.

~All set to welcome our third son into the world in 2009, next month!

I wonder what the next 10 years will hold! I'm sure I will at some point return to work...how long will we stay in this house?...will we have a fourth baby ;) ?...will we ever move to another state than Colorado?...who knows. And I wouldn't even want to know the answers really.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...