Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Trailblazing



We loaded up the bikes and headed downtown this morning, to get out before the Vet came over to give Wrigley his shots and do a check-up. There is a great trail right along the river near the Children's Museum that we have never ventured to. So, I decided today was the day to check out some uncharted territory for us.


Which made me think about the fact that we as a family are very soon going to be trailblazing on another front, with the addition of our third child. I wonder how different it is going to be. What new challenges we will face. And how the rest of the Summer will shape out with the baby in tow.


I have been trying to make an extra effort the past couple of weeks to take the boys out and about, doing the typical Summer outings, because I just don't know how possible it will be in another month to hop in the car and set off. But, knowing me...we'll find a way and will soon enough establish a new normal.


It will be out of necessity after all, since the only thing that slows my boys down is the need for sustenance.



And the occasional little break in the shade.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...