Monday, August 1, 2011

Kindergarten bound!

School starts in THREE weeks!  What?!  I already mentioned that?!  Well, whatever, I am stoked that we are wrapping up another Summer (this is my third with three!) and avoided ANY trips to the E.R. and managed to stay off of the local news :) .  Those are always my top two goals of the Summer.

It has been a long fun Summer jam-packed with tons of outings and activities and LOTS of at home learning.  I seriously kicked @ss this Summer on that front.  Their binders are stuffed full of "reports" workbook sheets and, for Jack at least, lots of letter practice sheets. 


When he finished up the one this morning, I about burst at the seams with pride.  He has come SO far this Summer.  Holding his pencil correctly, forming the letters with a steady hand and in the correct fashion.  I can't believe how GOOD he is doing compared to this same sheet a few months ago.  He is a HARD dilligent worker and he is gonna rock the house in Kindergarten. 

He got to meet his teacher last Friday, since she was at Jumpin' Jordy's with her son too.  He was a bit bashful when she was introducing herself, and he later confided in me that he "loves Miss Tina and Betty from preschool the best, Mommy."  I assured him he will love his new teacher too - she is fantastic and one of his best friends, Paul, is for sure in his morning Kindergarten class. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...