Friday, August 5, 2011

Obsessed With...

Because, no, I don't just sit around pining for a baby - although I did have a dream last night that I actually had miscounted and did in fact already have four, not three, children. Presto! We were in fact done. It was funny. Funny in my dream and still funny when I woke up.

Anyhow, I am totally obsessed with our family desk calendar. I get all excited when it is a new month and I tear off the old coffee stained, scribbled, marked-off-days month and reveal the clean new potential. It usually fills up within a few days, and sometimes I get crazy with the highlighters.


Also, you may have noticed my new obsession with twitpic in my twitter feed {on the right hand side lower down on this blog}! So fun. Love it. My new favorite way to over-share my life's little things :) Enjoy...

Lastly, definitely not a new obsession, but still burning strong is thrifting. Went yesterday and found {among other things} this adorable, awesome, super functional booster seat. Was needing one for the baby I watch and this more than fits the bill. It was less than $2 and doesn't have a mark or tear on it!


Speaking of the girls I watch, I am so smitten with the whole thing - borderline obsessed. My boys LOVE the girls and are so happy on the days I tell them they are coming over. They are protective of them and play so well with them. That bond really, really gets to me. Why? Because our kids do not have cousins (and that is not going to change anytime soon). They are not growing up like Bryan and I did surrounded by oodles of cousins (my mom has four sisters and Bryan's mom has five brothers and sisters). It is sad to me, but I am doing my best to make up for it with our "neighbor cousins."

There you have it, the other things I am obsessing over lately!

3 comments:

Arah ans Arsam's blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arah ans Arsam's blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arah ans Arsam's blog said...

oh Charity, that IS a hard dream. But I so see you having your family completed some day and stand on proud to have fulfilled this part of your goals. I think we have more in common with our neighbors than we're different and share many similar goals and paths. We too have no cousins( at least for 9000 miles!) and consider our neighbor's kids like cousins just as I grew up and we feel so blessed for it!
And thanks for the beautiful pictures of our little girl :) You're simply amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...