Thursday, December 11, 2008

The BIG reveal

Maybe you don't know this about me yet, but I am extremely decisive, sometimes to a fault...so you shouldn't be surprised to find out that I already have this new baby's name picked out, just like I have had Warren and Jack named since I was a little girl playing cabbage patch dolls.

Warren is named after my great grandfather, Warren Garrison, and Jack is named after my grandfather, Jack Garrison. I love the idea of family names, especially when it just so happens that I love the names Warren and Jack independently of the family connection.

Here are my criteria for a good name:
1. Not trendy. I do not like the trendy names that will eventually be dated and very connected to a decade or whatever.
2. No alternative spellings. I don't want my kids to have the burden of constantly having to spell their name or say "Hi, I'm Megyn with a 'y'."
3. No nicknames or shortening of their given name. If I like the shortened version of a traditional name, I would rather just name them the shortened version.
4. I like old-fashioned, solid, timeless names that while being classic are not too popular, like Warren.

So, having said all that, this baby will be called:

Nolan Lucas

~OR~

Lila Paige

These aren't directly family names except that my great grandmother was Nola, so it could be construed that Nolan is the masculine version of that, sure I'll go with that! As for Lila, it is a very old name that I just think is so pretty and simple.

I can't wait to find out what we are having. In fact, I have often said that I wish that at the moment of conception, my left pinkie finger would turn either pink or blue to let me know. I despise not knowing because for some reason it isn't until I know whether the baby is a he or she that I can truly feel connected and start the bonding process.

I don't know what it is, but I just don't like the whole "it" or "the baby" phase of the pregnancy. Hmmm, maybe it is just that as an Engineer I love data, if there is data to be had then I want it! I will go with that rather than owning up to my severe impatience ;)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love both of those names, Lila is a beautiful name! and so is Paige!

Anonymous said...

Charity,
Jacky finds out what her baby is on Wednesday 12/17. She has the name Lily picked for a girl and Mason for a boy!
I too think both names you have picked out are PERFECT :-)
I hope you are feeling well.
Love, Aunt Shawna

Charity said...

Ooh, I am so excited to find out what Jacky is having. Please text me or email me right away :)

I love her names too. Mason is adorable and of course I love Lily as it is very similar to Lila, very sweet and feminine!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...