Friday, December 19, 2008

Mommy Mish Mash

~Jack is going through what I hope is a short lived tantrum phase. Maybe he realizes his days of blaming the terrible two's are numbered so he is sneaking in some last minute melt-downs while he still can. Whatever the case, momma don't play that game! He is promptly put in his bedroom at the onset of any tantrum and remains there kicking, screaming, crying, yelling "mom-eeee!" until he gets all the evil out. Then he quietly opens his door and saunters over to wherever I am hunkered down rocking myself with my knees pulled to my chest (kidding) and tells me "mommy, I am done with my tantrum. Can you wipe my tears now?"

The light at the end of the tunnel is that the duration of the fits is getting shorter, oh and his third birthday is in less than two weeks so I'm sure they'll end after that.

~Suddenly the amount of food consumed by the boys has become appreciable and very noticeable. It seems like overnight we went from feeding two little mice undetectable portions from our plates to feeding two bottomless pits with insatiable appetites for boxes of cereal, jugs of orange juice, and pounds of king crab legs.

I can't imagine what this will be like once they are teenagers. I am going to have to get one of those creepy deep freezers that live in the garage and are stocked full of frozen pizzas, burritos, chicken wings and mugs for soda.

~The days when Warren doesn't have preschool can turn into an insane asylum with me playing the part of the demented director on a dime. That is unless I carefully outline activities to keep everyone busy and on task. Any task...making cookies, picking out books from the library...anything that occupies their little hands so that they don't wander off and smack their brother or write on a wall, or squeeze a tube of carmex on the carpet.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Your boys are very precious!! Congrats on the baby to be. I saw that cute little countdown with the fetus!! So cute!! Have a great week and Christmas!! Welcome to the SAHM universe!!! I LOVE it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...