Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh Happy [Highchair] Days!

Not to imply
-- at all --
that the boys are now neat and tidy at the kitchen table,
but I will say they have both come a long way since their heydays
of flinging food off their highchairs.



Nowadays, the dogs are at least partly in charge of cleaning up the meal time mess

(they hang out like vultures under the table),

and for the most part the boys use their napkins and utensils and don't smear too much food in their hair.


But oh how I miss those highchair feasts!
The mixtures of foods they would concoct like little mad chefs,
basting themselves in order to get a good sticky surface for the cheerios!
Extruding food from their clasped chubby hands!
Licking pudding directly off the highchair tray!
Grinning ear to ear, as if to say
"ha! you have to get me out of here and into the bath!"

Is it crazy that I can't wait to break out the highchair again!?!

2 comments:

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

All I can say about that first pic is Oh My Gosh!!!

p.s. thanks for your comments about my Jack's frenulum. It is reasuring to hear so many people say that they have had it done and to go ahead and do it if he needs it. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...