Thursday, July 16, 2009

Only Words...and one old picture too!

So, I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon, and what I gleaned from that appointment, along with my own gut feelings, lead me to believe that Nolan is coming very, very soon!
Exciting, I know!
I simply cannot wait.
The suspense is killing me.
I NEED to hold him in my arms and kiss him. Oh and I am starting to lactate too so it would be great if he could, ya know, get here and help me out in that department ;)
***
But, I will say it is just the teeniest, tiniest bit bittersweet to know that my pregnancy is coming to an end. And I will have to share my little bundle with everyone else who is anxiously waiting. I won't feel him tumbling and hiccuping.
It is hard to believe.
Sure, I'll be able to take a full breathe and hopefully won't be having anymore consistent heartburn...and I can wear my favorite jeans...someday in the near future.
But I will feel just a tad...empty too.
***
This feeling that I have, which I have had at the end of each pregnancy, is not too dissimilar to the feeling I had when Bryan and I were boarding our plane to leave Hawaii in 2003. He had proposed on the trip, we had thoroughly enjoyed the islands, food, festivities, and each other. But it was time to go and I was so excited to get back home and show off the ring, announce our engagement,
and just BE fiances.
-- But that required leaving Hawaii -- bittersweet.
***

{At the gate, boarding the plane to leave HI in 2003}

Not that I am comparing being hugely pregnant with being in a tropical paradise

(AT ALL, although it is ridiculously hot outside today).

But the departure feeling is kind of the same.

My bags are packed and I am ready to board for this latest adventure!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I totally know that feeling you're talking about. I had it with Allie and Jack too. Sounds kinda silly but wearing them in a sling kinda made it feel like the "4th" trimester. Kept them close and all tucked up. If you don't have a sling and are interested let me know, I can tell you the ones I have used and loved.

Good luck, can't wait to see pix of baby Nolan *grin*!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...