Friday, September 25, 2009

In a Nutshell

This week was kind of an odd one. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but the weather changed dramatically into cooler more fall-like temps and it got noticeably darker earlier. That made me sleepy, oh and the fact that I actually didn't get much sleep this week, with the exception of last night. So, I'll work my way backwards and see if I even remember anything when it comes to Monday.

Today, Friday, Warren is at school. Bryan is going to take him to Dave and Busters this evening since he really made a strong effort to work on one issue at school he had been having (making weapon noises with his mouth sometimes when his teacher was instructing the class...yeah, I can see where it would be annoying to have a little boy making machine gun noises when you are trying to teach). So, since he laid off the noises, we are taking him for a treat where he will most likely learn yet another weapon noise from some game...hmmm, we may need to work on our method of reward. Ya think?

Yesterday I took the boys to the Children's Museum. Gosh we have seriously gotten some mileage out of our membership there. We brought lunch and stayed the majority of the day. Nolan had his two month check-up in the morning. He is just over 10 lbs (25 percentile) and 23.5 inches (75 percentile). A true Lawson boy, long and skinny.

Wednesday we were at the rec center, since we were just about stir crazy from not having outdoor play with the cold weather. We saw three other boys from Warren and Jack's school there, so I was not alone in my thinking. They had a blast, of course.

Tuesday, Warren and Jack had Karate. We are still trying to decide whether to enroll Warren full time and now Jack suddenly wants to do Karate too. I enrolled Jack in piano lessons, since I believe he is "musical", at least compared to the rest of us. Bryan and I never played an instrument so I want to make sure I at least present the opportunity to my boys. Jack always has a song going on in his head, so we'll see. His first lesson is on Monday morning!!

Monday, ... yeah I have no idea what happened that day. :)

And this weekend, we are just relaxing! Hallelujah! We haven't had a weekend with nothing planned since Nolan was born. Speaking of Nolan, I am going to take some pictures of him today for his two month update! Wait for it...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...