Friday, September 18, 2009

Typing and Nursing

Yup, that's what I'm doing right now. At this very moment. Nolan insisted that I take a break from stripping all the beds in the house for wash, so here we are. Having an impromptu feeding/snuggle session, in the midst of my busy time of the day when Warren is at Kindergarten and I clean like a mad-woman. That's okay though -- it is a nice break and I will never turn down an opportunity to hold a baby.

So, since he's still nowhere near done, I'll do a weekly wrap up! This week was fairly busy after all. My mom went back to Anchorage on Sunday, it was sad. Tears were shed, mascara was running, and I can't wait to see her again. We had a great visit and the boys are still talking about her and making me laugh with their recollections of her visit.

The only thing that made the day of her departure better was watching Warren have a neighborhood friend over. They played so hard and had a blast for several hours.

On Monday I took the kids to an awesome park with a lake to feed the birds some bread we had let go bad. We were surrounded by ducks and geese and at one point Warren looked up at me for reassurance that we were safe in the midst of so many very aggressive, hungry fowl...only to find his look of concern equally met by his momma. Yeah, I need to work on my brave face for the kids. Obviously we survived though and in fact Warren made it across the monkey bars at the park for the first time! He has been asking to go back to that park all week so he can do it again. So cute!

Tuesday was a miraculous day! Just kidding, but the cleaning lady came so it felt miraculous. I was in such a good mood that I let the boys go nuts with the play do. Nearly every kitchen utensil was involved and in the end there was more play do on the floor under the table than on it. But the rest of the house was immaculate :)

Wednesday was a lazy day and I am hard pressed to even think of one remarkable thing about it. Except that Grandma Caryl and Auntie Debbie stayed the night since they had to pick up some cabinets early the next morning. Jack went home with Grandma Caryl on Thursday after preschool.

So, here it is Friday. Warren is at school and it is his picture day today. We got his hair cut last night, went to a local favorite restaurant for dinner...ya know since we only had two kids. Stopped by Costco to get Warren's class a snack among other things. Ended up buying Warren and Jack their Halloween costumes :)

Today I need to make my way to buy some more nursing bras (speaking of nursing). And I need to finalize our babysitter arrangements for Sunday's football game, since we have season tickets and will be attending the game at the stadium downtown! We are splitting the boys up, having a babysitter at our house for Jack and Nolan, and having Warren go to a friend's house. Hopefully that's how it will work out.

Jack is coming back home tomorrow since we have a block party to go to in the afternoon (with an air castle) and then a bowling party in the evening with one of Bryan's work colleagues. I imagine the boys will be good and worn out by Saturday night! It should be a really fun day for them.

Well, Nolan is done eating and now just using me as a pacifier. Ah, don't you just love the mundane details of my life?! I thought so...

Signing off for now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...