Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vintage Posts -- Installment #9

The place -- Alaska. Specifically, on the child sized recliner at my Grandparents house in Big Lake, Alaska... eating some Cheetos as I recall. Yup, I still cringe at the thought!


The time -- June, 2005. Warren was just freshly turned one. And me... I look waaaay too young to be 3 months pregnant with baby number two! Yikes!


My main memories of this trip:

Warren taking a bath in my Mom's (Grandma from Alaska as she would come to be known by her grandsons) oversized tub every day.


My best friend from High School's wedding.


{Me and my mom at the reception. Don't tell me you don't remember when it was all the rage to have the underneath part of your hair darker that the rest... but instead of looking at my wacky hair, check out the Chugach Mtns reflecting behind the bar please, thanks!}


Which was set atop one of the taller buildings in downtown Anchorage overlooking Cook Inlet. On a day when the sun didn't get much lower in the sky than this:



And Bryan thought he was pretty nifty for capturing his reflection on a building:


And I was pretty happy to capture this picture of two of the most important people in my life:


While my only child at the time had his first encounter with bikini-clad women, and a sprinkler, in his Momma's hometown... all those years ago!


Ahhhhh, haven't done one of these for a while and it's got me all nostalgic and homesick. Thankfully my Mom is coming... NEXT WEEK!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...