Tuesday, April 7, 2009

All's quiet on the home front

It has been a very calm and uneventful time here in the last week or so. I survived enjoyed Warren's spring break from preschool, and we mostly just stuck to our normal weekly routine, with just a few fun extras.

Like Grandma Caryl and Grandpa John took the boys to a Disney on Ice show. I don't have any pictures of that but am told they had a blast. And we visited my Aunt Shelli and her family. Warren and Jack simply adore my little cousin, Emma, and she entertained them for hours playing in the basement in the fort, hide and seek, and duck-duck-goose. She is such a gem!

{Warren getting into predicaments in the basement}

{Jack and Emma, who is worshiped by the boys}

{The boys with my cousin, Jack, who is set to be deployed with the Marines any day}


Oh, and I finally worked up enough courage to let the boys go into the building area at the Children's Museum and work with things like saws, screwdrivers, and other equally sharp instruments of construction. By myself. And no one lost any limbs, so I consider it a success. They sure had fun.






Not much else to report. My back and neck have been giving me some grief. It is not pregnancy related, since this seems to happen every 6 months or so and I have no idea what sets it off. It feels like a dislocated rib and that makes it hard to take a full breathe. I have had zero luck seeing a Chiropractor for this and truthfully the only time I got relief other than just waiting it out was the one time I got a prescription for a muscle relaxer and that did the trick. So, I am left to conclude it is a muscular thing where some tiny muscle in my back or chest is tugging a rib out of its normal position. No matter what it is, all I can say is ouch!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...