Sunday, April 19, 2009

I remember the first time...

...that my belly button turned inside out. Why, what did you think I was going to say? :)

Now, I consider myself a pro at accepting and relishing in the changes that take place during pregnancy. I actually love my body more after having kids. Not because it actually looks better than before. Um, no. Because it definitely doesn't. I know I have gotten off relatively easy and you would be hard pressed to find a stretch mark anywhere, but come on, age and pregnancy are not on our side here, ladies.

No, the reasons I love my body more after pregnancy are that I now appreciate what it can do and the babies it has brought forth. And because I realize how lucky I am to have my health and the ability to recover as well as I have from the drastic transformation of pregnancy and childbirth.

I never took pictures of my belly with Warren because I was freaked out and self-conscious of the changes I saw in the mirror. Seriously wondering if my belly button was even going to go back in. Then with Jack, I was too busy with a one year old, working full time, etc to even give much thought to celebrating the pregnancy.

So, here I am, making up for lost time, er belly pictures. Without further ado:






1 comment:

McMommy said...

You are a BEAUTIFUL pregnant woman!! This is your THIRD pregnancy???? But, but...You are so toned and in shape! Now I must hate you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...