Saturday, April 25, 2009

We've been busy

It has been in the 80's for the past week, SO not a lot of blogging going on. More of the chasing after boys outside, spraying them with SPF 50, and watching them have the time of their lives in a sand box at a great park in downtown Denver type activities.

I know, we're so urban and cool, huh? ;) It is good to break free from the suburbs every now and then...






It is with great despair that I commit to writing the fact that I have come down with a cold. Argh! I HATE being sick. And I NEVER get sick. It has literally been years since I had so much as a sniffle and yesterday I started to feel a slight tingle, and then headache, and then some stuffiness. So, I drank a bunch of water, took vitamin C and a zinc capsule. Sigh...and yet here I am today, blowing my nose every 20 minutes and feeling like my head is stuffed with cotton. I am not a happy camper. Let me explain...

When I was little and got sick enough to miss school, it was NOT a pleasant experience. There was no doting mom bringing me snacks and cooing at me. Nope, no TV, no special treatment, nada. It was strict bedrest with no outside contact.

So, in some strange way, it was a discouragement to ever get sick and instilled in me a great disdain for being sick. I literally feel nearly claustrophobic with the symptoms when I am sick. While it sounds like I am rambling here, I do actually have a point. Thanks, mom! I believe that my strong immune system is due partially to the mentality that being sick is more akin to being in prison than being pampered or getting special treatment. I do believe in the power of suggestion when it comes to health and such. See, I am not skeptical of everything!

I'm sure I'll be better by tomorrow, I'm just sure of it! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...