Thursday, April 9, 2009

Brain Potpourri for $1000

~I am in the arduous process of painting my laundry room. I love my laundry room. It is upstairs, it has a huge window, and a big deep sink. Someday when we have the money, I would love to get a new fancy washer and dryer but for now our 6 year old front loader set will have to do. At least the washer is the water saving front loader, because we do a LOT of laundry around here. Here is what the project looks like right now:

{no, your eyes do not deceive you, that is an unopened jar of paint on the floor of this room with stark white walls still...sigh...the painting fairy did not visit me last night, darn it!}


~We got a new puppy. Well, technically we don't have him yet since he is only a month old and needs to nurse for another month or so. But we went and visited him and the boys got to hold him. The current owner named him Poke since he was the last one out nearly 45 minutes after the rest of the litter. He is the runt of the bunch and was so tiny and cute. We are planning to rename him though, since it is our tradition to name pets after Presidents. I thought of using Polk (#11) to mimic Poke, but it just wasn't working. Maybe Monroe, or Nixon, or Quincy after John Quincy Adams...haven't decided yet, but here he is with his mamma. What a champ she is nursing all of her pups, huh?! I can't imagine...

{Poke is the one in the bottom right hand corner not nursing}


~There is usually some sort of battle scene on my coffee table. I remember my brothers having these, so when we saw them at Walgreens we just couldn't resist. For three dollars, they provide endless hours of entertainment. I am amazed at the skill level my boys have at making bomb, grenade and gun noises. Seriously, where do they learn this stuff?



~I went to an Avon party for a friend from my Mom's group and I actually won a door prize!! Me!! I never win anything and of all things I won the most incredible, wonderful, positively life-altering (okay maybe I am exaggerating just a little) skin "elixer" ever!! It is the Avon Anew Premium Elixer and it costs $68 dollars per bottle and I got it just for showing up. By far the most expensive stuff I have ever tried and you know me, ever the skeptic. But I have to say it is the best. My skin is fabulous in every way. If you have the ability to get your hands on some, run don't walk to get it! I ordered the Avon Anew 3X Dermafull and can't wait to try that too! I haven't used anything from Avon since I was a little girl with their lip balms and bubble baths. Who knew they are now so cutting edge and people like Reese Witherspoon and Lauren Conrad as spokespeople/proponents:

1 comment:

Mama (Heidi) said...

You know your a mama when you are jealous of someone else's laundry room.. HA! How great that it's on the second floor and you can close the door. Mine is right inside the back door next to the kitchen and it's more like a laundry cloest.
Congrats on the new dog.
No army men in this house yet, but i can see that is a glimpse into my future. Hope you have a great weekend away.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...