Friday, April 17, 2009

Necklaces, necklaces, and more necklaces!


Hello, there. Meet my necklaces.

Necklaces, meet the nice reader.

This is my collection of mostly cheap necklaces from stores ranging from Nordstrom to Forever 21. Each one is special in some way...maybe it goes well with a certain outfit, or time of year, or coordinates well with a lipgloss shade ;)

For example:

{this one really pops in the summer with a white tank and a slight tan, I say slight because that is the most I can ever hope for. Exposure to the sun usually goes a little like this: red, itchy, peel, ghostly white again. repeat.}




{this one I get compliments on every time I wear. It has kind of an Indian feel to it and goes great with turquoise and chocolate brown tops. Apply peach lipgloss and you're set!}



{this has quickly become a staple favorite. I got it at Brighton in Las Vegas and I love to pair it with jeans and a casual top. It never hurts to have a little luck in the equation, right?}



I have had several of my necklaces since college and it is kind of nice to know that as much as my life changes and evolves, I still have some of the same taste and fondness for the same things as I did back then. It is comforting to feel the familiar weight of some of the older ones. I know it is silly to have such affection for these little trivial strands. But, in some weird ways they become part of me. Sorry, future generations of mine, you will be inheriting mostly costume jewelry from your kooky mom/grandma!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...