Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Week's Worth

Well, I have been busy living life, without much time to blog about life this past week.

But first things first! Nolan cut his first tooth! Already! It is his bottom left tooth and he is really taking it in stride. I noticed that he was drooling so much while we were in Kansas City over the weekend and then sure enough, when I pulled down his bottom lip yesterday I could see just a little white line of the tooth coming through. So, our little guy went on his first airplane ride and got his first tooth, all in one weekend.

We had a great trip! Flew into KC on Friday morning. Spent much of that day at Cabela's (oh joy!). Saturday I completely vegged out with just Nolan in our hosts' (Bryan's Aunt and Uncle that live in Overland Park) basement. It is THE most amazing basement ever. They finished the 2000+ sqft basement like a cabin...only with a walk in wine cellar and premier guest quarters. It was bliss.

Sunday was the Sprint Cup NASCAR race. It was my first time attending a race and -- hmmm, I guess I get it. It was fun and somewhat thrilling to see the sheer power of the cars. I can understand the appeal and could see myself going to maybe one race per year since Bryan likes it so much.


Ya know what else was bliss? Getting amazing meals cooked for us every night we were there by our hosts! Seriously, all we had to do was hold the baby and drink fabulous wine and then voila, dinner was ready! Thanks Margeret and Derito!

Oh! And just to document, we ALL went to the Rockies baseball game the Thursday before our KC trip. The boys had so much fun eating and playing T-ball at the stadium. We lasted through about the 7th inning before succumbing to the wind and heading back to our car.

{Our botched effort at getting a group shot. See Nolan's head at the very bottom?}

{Warren and Jack loved T-ball so much we had to run into Sports Authority on the way home and buy a set. Bryan put it in the basement complete with a hitter's box and a square of tape on the wall for a home run :) }

My only regret in the past week is that I didn't take many pictures and the ones I did take were just with my little point and shoot that lives in my purse. Kind of a bummer, but we have so many great memories instead!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...