Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vintage Posts -- Installment #7

~Bryan's First Trip to Alaska~
[December, 2002]

Well the stakes were high and the pressure was on.

I was out to impress and make sure the trip lived up to any expectations Bryan had both about meeting his then girlfriend's family and visiting the super cool (literally) state that she was born and raised in
...in the dead of winter...

Like, the frozen waterfall kind of dead of winter.



Better yet, the "hey look at there's a guy climbing that frozen waterfall kind of dead of winter."



On the bright side, it was near Christmastime, so everything was festive and we got dressed up and went for a nice dinner downtown at the Glacier Brewhouse.

(Bryan, me, mom, Bruce)

(me and mom)



And of course we skied. (me and mom)


Because where else but Alyeska ski resort can you stop at a random point on the trail and snap this shot with Cook Inlet in the backdrop?

Honestly...


We are SO overdue for another visit!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Beautiful pictures! And boy your mom looks young!

Stop by for my giveaway ~ ends tomorrow!
http://inneedofmercy.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-first-giveaway.html

Noemi said...

You should really write a post about your beauty products, your workout routine and the vitamins you take - you both look great!

Jessica said...

Those are the most amazing pictures! I have always wanted to visit Alaska, maybe someday. And I agree that your mom does look great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...