Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tids and Tads

(alternately titled "Three Jeers -- postpartum style")

So, it has been five weeks since I had a baby. Five weeks since I have:

::Felt the baby kicking my ribs

::Had heartburn

::Had to pee every 30 minutes...or else!

::Waddled (at least I think)

::Slept for more than 2 hours straight.

And I couldn't be happier! I am past what I call (somewhat affectionately) the worst part of the postpartum ordeal. My hormones have settled down (goodbye teenage acne!), I am sufficiently used to the lack of sleep (aka numb), and I am starting to feel like my normal self again. That's not to say that I look like my normal self though.

So, all three jeers are going to the postpartum woman. The first is for the flab that is my belly. Why do you trick me by fitting into some of my normal jeans, only to hang/bulge over the top?

...sigh...

Second jeer goes to my chest (boobs, mammary glands, hooters...whatever the word on the street is these days). All I can say is ugh. I mean, I LOVE breastfeeding, honestly, it would just be great if it wasn't accompanied by so much hugeness and soreness and leakiness. Okay moving on...

Third jeer goes to my tired, tired eyes. See for yourself! I look tired. No amount of makeup can hide it!


Here. Here is my best eyes wide open, fake smile look at the moment.
It's not fooling anyone.



I know this is a worthless post, but all three boys are sleeping and I am just sitting here near comatose with the baby monitor next to me (do baby monitors creep out anyone else but me? -- spooky!). I know I should try to nap too, but it's just that I have laundry to fold and that would make me a slacker, right? So instead of folding the laundry I will just sit here and procrastinate :) But if anyone asks, I am thinking about what to make for dinner...that's my story.

On a totally unrelated topic, why on Earth do little kids always put sunglasses on upside down?


And why does that picture remind me of my first post {smile}?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...