Monday, August 31, 2009

Goings On

Operation "basement playroom" is nearly complete. We are going to get some padding to put under the carpet and a nifty toy storage bin thing that we saw at Costco yesterday. But other than that, it is working out and the boys say it is like cousin Emma's basement, and that makes it a success! You may recall the last time we worked on organizing the basement back around Christmastime.

{This is what the playroom looks like after less than 30 minutes of use. Look at all the toys that would otherwise be all.over.my.house.}

It is not often that I would compare my life to a fairy tale, but upon looking at this giant Sumac tree in front of our house...you can't help but think of Jack and the Beanstalk. It is not a good thing. This morning, I put in a request for the management company to get over here and replace it with something else. It is like a giant tropical weed and it appears to have some kind of bug infestation. Yuck!

{It is much, much uglier in person, but you get the idea}

Since this blog doubles as my journal and the kids memory books, the following is a bit of information that falls into the "mommy's journal" category. I already got my first cycle (period)! Seriously, Nolan is only 6 weeks old and my body is already like "hey, lets start kicking out the eggs." Yeah, I might be the most fertile woman on the planet!

Hmmmm, what else. My mom gets here this week! That's right, Alaksa Grandma is visiting these parts for 10 days. I need to start planning some fun things or else we are just going to end up hanging out in the basement playroom way too much :) Oh, and I should probably plan some meals so she doesn't catch the drift that Bryan actually does most of the dinner cooking around here these days. Wouldn't want her to know what a lump in the kitchen she raised :) Or it could just be that I am running on next to no sleep lately with the baby and by 5 pm I am DONE.

Speaking of the baby, he is so darn cute and getting a little chubby, which I love. How come it isn't as cute for me to have a belly and chunky thighs? No fair. Nolan gets more and more personality every day and likes to be right in the thick of it. He wants to be in the same room as his noisy brothers and will nap right through anything...and I do mean anything.

{morning napping on the sofa in the living room downstairs, while the rest of the brood eats breakfast}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...