Tuesday, January 6, 2009

not-so-new-year's resolutions

These are not New Year's Resolutions, but rather a couple of things I would like to implement this year and if they stick, then great.

~I am going to try a new approach to my housework. In addition to the regular maintenance type cleaning that is required each day (mainly keeping the kitchen and dining room sanitary) I am going to thoroughly clean just one room a day. And by thoroughly clean, I mean dust, windex, wash linens and pillows, vacuum, declutter, etc. My current mode has me feeling like I clean a lot of square footage per day but never really have a totally clean, "done" room in the house to point at.

I am thinking that this new approach will leave me feeling a greater sense of accomplishment and satisfaction with my efforts each day in the housekeeping department. That is unless a couple of rugrats wreak havoc on the pristine room of the day before the sun even sets on that room...hmmm, I may have just found the flaw in this new plan. We'll see...

~The only other new thing I am going to try is pretty small and admittedly vain. I am going to start applying sunscreen to my neck and chest since I am already a vigorous sunscreen user and I don't want to avoid sun damage on my face only to have lots of wrinkles and freckles everywhere else.

There you have it! Nothing earth-shattering, but I like to have attainable goals and not overwhelm myself or set myself up for failure.

Today's room of choice is the boys' bathroom...Duh duh dun! It is pretty bad at the moment, but being that it is a small space I am going to go ahead and clean the guest bedroom too, since that requires just dusting and washing the linens on the bed. The entire house really needs vacuumed too (when doesn't it) but I am going to find a way to bribe Hubby into that one hopefully this evening :)


There it is, all sparkly clean. I am liking this so far! I need to paint the walls in their bathroom and seeing it so clean has inspired me to make a color selection.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Good plans! I love the cabinets in your boys' bathroom. I'm getting ready to redo my kids' bathroom. I'm on the quest for the perfect shower curtain!

Lisa said...

That is the neatest, cleanest boys bathroom I have ever seen. I love the way toothpaste isn't spread from top to bottom like it is in mine.
:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...