Monday, January 5, 2009

Warren Nicholas at 4.5 yrs

I want to take a few minutes to jot down all of the characteristics and personality traits I can think of for each boy so years from now I can look back on these posts and remember my boys when they were preschool aged and still so innocent. It may prove therapeutic when they are teenagers too! :)

The first-born is first:


Warren's five favorite things:
1. Star Wars (toys, movies, books, pajamas, games...the list goes on.)
2. Brain Quest flashcards - he is doing the 5-6 aged ones now that I got him for Christmas.
3. Seafood - he eats ANYTHING from the ocean and I am so proud of him for being SUCH an incredibly good eater. His favorite is Alaskan King Crab legs and Pacific Salmon.
4. His thumb - this kid has been sucking his thumb since he was in the womb, seriously. He has gotten much better recently about not sucking it except for when he goes to sleep. The new dentist says as long as he quits before permanent teeth come in, he'll be okay.

5. School - Warren loves to go to school and he is a very social kid. I have great hopes and expectations for him academically and will do my best to make sure he lives up to his full potential in school.

Main personality traits:
*Affectionate. He LOVES to snuggle with mom or day and has even told me more than once that if I don't give him a big hug and kiss at bedtime then he can't sleep. I will be so sad if/when he outgrows this quality or becomes too cool to lay his head on my shoulder and wrap his arms around me.
*Outgoing. He is the one on the playground introducing himself to everyone and organizing the playtime with a game or some sort of pretend scenario. Other kids are drawn to him to be his friend, both boys and girls :)
*Needs his sleep. This kid sleeps at least 10 hours per night and still takes a considerable nap after lunch each day. We have always said that he is either going 100 miles per hour or he is asleep, there are no other gears.
*Humorous. He is developing quite the little unique sense of humor, which is constantly amazing us and keeping us laughing.
*Compassionate. If someone is upset or sad, Warren is always the first to notice and ask what is wrong. You can tell it truly bothers him and he will be sure to give a hug and say "it's okay."

Warren is such a special boy and fills the role of our oldest child to a "T". He is responsible and kind and gravitates more and more to his daddy the older he gets. Maybe that's because they are practically twins separated by 25 years!

1 comment:

Erica said...

That is great to take note about your kids traits at different stages! I swear they grow up so quick and I wish I had more from when my older two were younger!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...