Friday, January 9, 2009

TGIF!

Well, I survived the first week of our new schedule with Warren at his new school. He just goes for a few hours in the morning so I am still kind of adjusting to taking and picking him up in such a short time span. He is such an adaptive kid though and is already quite at home in his new class with all his new friends.

Both boys have not taken a nap a single time this week. I knew this day was coming soon for Warren but Jack is just trying to keep up with his big brother and actually fell asleep on the floor on Wednesday evening. I will have to work with Jack next week on getting him back on the the nap routine even if Warren doesn't go down.

Jack is getting back on potty training track! He took a wrong turn for a couple weeks after we told them about the baby. Hopefully he continues and is completely self-sufficient in the next couple months. Lots of praise and motivation seem to be helping.

Going to the dentist and laying horizontal for an hour reading glossy gossip magazines this morning was like going to the spa for this momma ;) Seriously, I was getting little splashes from the ultrasonic and joked with the hygienist that it was as close as I'm likely to get to any kind of spa treatment anytime soon!

I have been incredibly sick feeling, not gonna lie. Pretty much my whole afternoons are plagued with nausea and fatigue like I have never known. I mention this not to complain because I will gladly take this on to have our baby, but more so just to record it so I can look back after the baby is born and laugh at myself. I just know that when I read this months from now I will be thinking "what a whiner!"

Bryan is traveling for work next week so it is going to be a bit hectic and tiring. But now that I have been staying at home for a few months I am settled into the role now and don't feel like each day has to be full of meaningful outings or educational moments. We can just "be" and enjoy each other and our home. So, it is more relaxing these days.

Oh, the timer just went off for lunch so that's it! That was my week in a nutshell!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...