Friday, January 16, 2009

TGIF!

Wow, already Friday again. What a week. Bryan was out of town the first part of the week and I was definitely more than ready for him to be home come Wednesday, I made a point to go get my hair done Wednesday evening just to escape for a few hours. I cut a few inches off my hair and it feels so much better since it is just so dang dry here in Colorado, especially in the winter.

I had the first prenatal appointment of this pregnancy on Thursday. Bryan and Jack came along (Warren was at preschool) because I thought we would be getting the first ulrasound. Turns out it was a very boring appointment since they will be doing the first ultrasound in two weeks as part of the newest genetic screening. So, I was poked and prodded but did not actually see or hear the baby yet. Not even a firm due date yet since that will come with the ultrasound but I am due approximately the beginning of August.

Jack had his 3 yo checkup and physical this morning, or so I thought. Turns out pregnant brain struck again and his appointment was actually on Wednesday instead of Friday so I had to reschedule for next Wednesday (not Friday!)

Not too much else to report except that I am hopeful that the papaya extract and unisom that the doctor told me to try will help with the nausea. I love my doctor, he is very matter of fact and scientific, not all mushy and overly personal. I remember once when I was pregnant with Jack I asked him how bad it was that I do sometimes wake up sleeping on my back even though I try to sleep on my left side, which is best for the baby. He replied with "hey, if it was such a big deal, you would grow a horn out of your back when you are pregnant." Love it.

We are probably going to take the boys to the stock show this weekend since they love animals and the weather has actually been kind of nice the past couple days.

That's all for now. I have a little interview thing this afternoon, it is nothing remarkable but I am open to a opportunity to go back to work if the right thing comes along.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Hope your nausea gets better! The stock show sounds like a fun thing for little boys, enjoy it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...