Wednesday, August 4, 2010

bulleted

  • got Warren registered for 1st grade and picked up his school supplies. I don't know what has me smiling more, his shy little assertions when I asked if he thinks he'll ever want "hot lunch" at school ("yes but not the first day of school and maybe just once or twice a week" was his answer), or all the little goodies in his box of school supplies. I may have actually held the little Pink Pearl eraser and felt the smoothness of it and even breathed in the familiar smell of it... but I'll never tell.
  • Nolan is starting to only take one nap per day -- ALREADY!
  • I really need a good solid hour of uninterrupted time to work on my photography website, organize my thoughts on a few topics, pay some bills, start a family calendar, etc but that chunk of time is so elusive.
  • I don't know what came over me this morning, but first thing I scrubbed down the kitchen. I mean really cleaned it... moved every item on the counters even which is not done very often, er maybe ever.
  • I am tired. Oh so tired. Been staying up too late. Bryan is up for a big promotion at work so he has been preparing for interviews and we have been working on our office project and also just leaving the TV on too late. Going to hide the remote tonight!
  • Loving my new lens! It has given me a renewed interest in taking pictures. I love my 50mm f1.4 prime lens but it can get a little boring, using it exclusively. I sold my kit lens on ebay and am so happy to be rid of that thing.
  • The boys are doing some "work" at the table right now and Nolan is taking a little nap. I can hear thunder and the sky is darkening by the minute. I hope it rains, I love the rain.
  • I am counting down the minutes until I will open a bottle of wine and relax for the evening.

1 comment:

Megan Harhager said...

Thank you for a yummy gourmet dinner! It was so nice to get out of my house and into yours. Your blog is really fun, Charity. I love the different writing styles, the different ways you post pics, and the stuff you write about! Keep it up! We love seeing what your family is up to!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...