Monday, August 2, 2010

What's REALLY happening here?

Truth be told, one of the many reasons I love photography is that a picture is so... still... and quiet.

It is a crisp moment in time captured forever, but also gone forever. The exact moment, scene, expression, etc will not likely present itself again, so that picture is quite an amazing little artifact. Modern technology never ceases to amaze me!

So, on with it. What's really happening here?

Looks peaceful enough, right? Two little brothers putting together a puzzle? Or maybe they're taking it apart? Pretty irrelevant either way, right?

"Domestic bliss?"

Ummm... or not!

Nolan only took 45 minutes of his normal 1.5 hour morning nap and was whiny beyond all belief. I had to set him down to make lunch (whole wheat spaghetti with fresh tomatoes from Grandma Caryl's garden with sweet peas on the side, in case you wondered), and he is making a very shrill, attention-getting noise here.

Further more, Jack is supposed to be picking up the puzzle that we put together this morning, but instead he is tossing the pieces all over and being very sassy in his responses to my telling him what is appropriate behavior.

Now that we've cleared that up with those two, when I look at this picture I also see:

::the boys' backpacks hanging there, reminding me that school starts in a few short weeks!

::the last surviving balloon from Nolan's birthday party.

::a dirty rag and dishtowel on the stairs waiting to be carried up to the laundry room, which is pretty much always the case.

::a box of Kleenex on the floor left over from Jack's school supply shopping trip on Sunday.

::Warren's toy "soupcase" on the floor of the living room, with its contents spilled all over.

::beautiful sunlight streaming onto my favorite houseplant -- the one that I should probably water since I can't recall the last time I did so.

::another moment captured and gone forever, for better or worse!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...