Monday, May 2, 2011

As seen in {my laundry room}

I spend a lot of time in the laundry room.

And particularly at the utility sink, rinsing things out, half-heartedly doing stain removal, washing my hands, cracking open soap nuts, weighing myself way more than I probably should (I have gained nearly 10 pounds since December, ugh. That's another post for another day.), hanging clothes to dry, and looking West out the window in the direction the weather usually approaches from.


Many days this mirror is the only reflection I see of myself, so it's a good thing that I get to see my grungy, sweat-wearing self framed so beautifully with roses. I love this mirror. Actually brought it from the basement bathroom at our old house.

Me+Laundry=love/hate relationship, but don't you dare try to "help" in this vicinity because my complete type A control freak side will come out and unless you know my exact recipe of h2o2, oxyclean, soap nuts, essential oils, and washer settings you best just stay out :)

3 comments:

Arah ans Arsam's blog said...

Charity, does the recipe really work? I did 2 loads of laundry 2 days ago for Arah and it didn't seem to make much difference in removing the stains. Or perhaps it's the hard water I'm debating. I am very much interested in your recipe tips :) Thanks!

Charity said...

What did you use, soap nuts, oxiclean? We do have a water softener, so I don't know how much difference that makes. I don't think soap nuts clean any better than regular detergent but they do clean as well with no chemicals or smell. We have SUPER sensitive skin around here and really appreciate them :)

Arah ans Arsam's blog said...

oh we don't have a water softner. I hear that makes a difference in results and the water $$. I use Earth's best Organic baby detergent not our usual Tide brand for her. Not sure what soap nuts are but heard about Oxyclean. based on what you said assume it's safe on baby's skin. She has a super tender skin. Gotta go search where to find nuts. Thanks :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...