Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pre-kids Me

I was newly engaged, one step closer to marriage and my kids, which were of course still perfectly clean, well-mannered little figments of my imagination.

The grass was greener on my side.

It had yet to ever even once cross my mind that I might need to watch what I eat or that the bumble bee metabolism of mine might not last forever... or even past 30.

My legs were always shaved.

I slept through the night... every night.

Life was simple and good.

[I STILL have this skirt and wore it just the other day!]

But honestly, not even a fraction of the good and joy I have come to know in this crazy, busy, messy, hectic life I get to call my own currently. I wouldn't trade places for anything in the word... but I might like to stop and rest on that grass for a few minutes right about now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...