Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Momentum

Today, I packed up our swim-things, picked Warren up from school and headed directly to the rec center in a neighboring town, 'cause they have the best indoor swimming pool around.

I endure deafening noise in a tiny family locker room as three little bodies wriggle into trunks and a swim diaper for one. I put my own suit on finally after Nolan opens the door a bajillion times nearly exposing the whole scene to anyone happening by our door.

Ever put a swim suit on with one arm while restraining a toddler from opening the door with the other?

Oh you should definitely try it, it really sets the tone for taking three small children swimming.

We stop at the enormous mirror for a quick second for a posed picture all together.

::Here we are! Hope the Lifeguards are well rested and on high alert.::

And they're off...
I know, you almost need sunglasses to look at the pasty images of us! Someone at the pool kindly asked if we were Irish... I think that was an indirect way of saying "Holy Cow, you guys are white!" Oh well...

::Hopeless posers::
::Even flexing... already.::
I was so tickled to find this on my camera. Apparently Warren took it on one of his jaunts back to our table for a snack. I love that he has a penchant for taking pictures like his Mama. Thanks, Buddy. I am actually pictured on my own blog for once!  He's got some natural ability for getting a more than decent shot, I must say... 

We didn't even leave the pool until our normal dinner time, and I seriously almost called Bryan a hundred times on the way home to implore him to meet us out for dinner.  But, ultimately my reasonable side won out and I came home and whipped this up:


This has quickly become a favorite. Caesar pasta (just rotini with Caesar dressing and some croutons) with chicken and broccoli tossed in. So simple and filling and good.  But next time I will need two heads of broccoli for this ravenous bunch!

So there you have it, keeping up momentum for being less lame these days.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...